Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hesitant and Indecisive

Well as I start this blog it has been almost 2 months since my husband Geoff, our two young children Delaney (the baby 11 months) and Penny (our furry child the Schnoodle 23 months) and I moved from Illinois to Ohio. It has been a learning experience and a good challenge for us. Looking back at our lives together it seems that Geoff and I never do anything the easy way. I guess it is just not in our nature. I am excited about a change of scenery and we were needing the extra space so Ohio has offered us that opportunity plus the experience for Geoff to have the job title he has been wanting for a couple years now. I do miss my friends, family, co-workers and what was my "normal" life but I need to take this experience and grow from it. Already I know I am a much stronger person then I was 6 months ago. Being a single working parent for 2 months will do that to you!

I am hesitant to start the blog because I want to make sure I follow through on a commitment. Time is not something of a luxury these days so I am not sure if I will be able to do this often but we will see. Maybe this will be therapeutic for me.

I am indecisive because I can't make up my mind sometimes! I had like 4 different names for this blog and I am still not sure about the name but I just needed to commit to something or this would never get started. I had even started another blog title and had decided I already didn't like the name before I got started...I don't know where it comes from but I will strive to work on that too!

I am calling it Becca's Different Moods because I will try to keep that as a theme of my posts. I was inspired by a book I read Delaney often. "Happy Hippo, Angry Duck". It talks about different moods and how they change day to day. And it is okay because tomorrow is a new day so your mood can change.  Having completely changed my surroundings and being home now with a baby and a dog all day gives me even more time to think... It has been a roller coaster year for sure in events and moods.

I hope you enjoy my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Fun. Can't wait to keep hearing about your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Hope you're able to find the time to continue the blogging! Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete